CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to Life. . .

Well it is official, we have started back to school! I seriously can't believe how much work it is to get my class started and back into the routine of things. I spent all day yesterday making lesson plans, posters, lists, and copies, copies, copies. Our class sizes in 2nd grade this year are all 25-27 and growing! We take turns copying things for each other, but with that many kids, it takes forever! I am teaching crowd control to my students!

My goal for this school year is to make breakfast every morning for my girls. First day, I made blueberry pancakes which were not everyone's favorite I found out later after I had a heaping plate left over. I grabbed my camera to take pictures real quick before Taylor left and I had a big spot on my screen. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, I thought maybe I had melted my camera by leaving it in the car. Later I tried to take some pictures of Paige and had the same problem. Well I took it to school hoping it would fix itself so I could take pictures of my class. I took a few minutes to check it out while the kids were working, and sure enough a big smudge of pancake batter was on the front lens! So luckily I don't have to get a new camera, but I would like a new one for my birthday that I just keep at home! But obviously I don't have any good first day pictures! I may pretend tomorrow is the first day and try again!

6 comments:

MaryCuth said...

I can't believe you guys are already back at it! And I can't believe your class sizes - that is sickening!!! Love your new header and background. Have a great school year!

Cat said...

Good luck on the breakfast. I am not that good getting up and having it ready so I admire those who can.

Steph said...

Pretending is a good thing. I have been trying to get away with pretending a lot lately. For instance, I tried putting Brayden in his blessing outfit the other day (since I never really got a good picture of him in the entire ensemble) but it is so totally obvious that he has grown since his blessing that it didn't really work. I now have a picture of a GINORMOUS baby popping out of his blessing outfit. Funny.

TAMPA said...

HAHAHA !! Can I come over for breakfast? You amaze me in all that you do. I can barely do my job and take care of myself... and you do Elementary and have three kids :) and make blueberry pancakes !!

Laura and her boys! said...

Isn't it sad that we are back in school already? I am totally in mourning :(

I would love to teach a class of 25-27. Mine are 35-38!!! Of course they are older, but seriously it is such a pain to try to keep that many middle schoolers under control!

Kamille said...

Missed our lunch. *tear* We'll have to try again soon.