The girls and I took an amazing trip to Sacramento for Thanksgiving! We headed out Wed. morning around 5:00am with Map Quest directions on my lap, a large map of CA on Taylors' and a GPS, nicknamed Grace, in the middle of us. I'll have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about the distance I was about to travel, but felt very prepared and ready for the challenge. That was until my check tire light came on. I stopped in Primm and to my dismay found I only had 10lbs of pressure in my driver's rear tire. I felt like I had reached the end of my trip already! But I made a quick decision, filled up the tire with air, and chose to ignore the hissing sound coming from it! Every approximately 150ish miles the light would come back on and I would have to stop and fill up the tire. After many heart felt prayers and 700 and some miles we braved the endless traffic and arrived at my sister's house in Lincoln, CA (small town outside of Sac). We unloaded our luggage, discussed the trip, then came back out to check the tire and sure enough, it was completely flat!!! How I made it that far I will never know but it was worth all of the stress and sweat! We had a great time with Rochelle and her family and Matt's extended family. They are such a great group of people! We ate Thanksgiving at Matt's dad's clubhouse and took many pictures on the surrounding grounds. Saturday we drove to San Fransisco and toured Alcatraz. Taylor has been wanting to do that for a few years and it was well worth the trip! I chose to wear some ever so cute high heels on the trip which didn't work out to well when trying to climb the hills up to the prison! I ended up carrying them most of the way! Our trip was just way to short! Before we knew it we were packing up and heading home Sunday morning! With the help of Grace we arrived in St. George late Sunday night with no problems to report! You know I had a brand spankin' new tire on my car! Heaven forbid a girl goes into a car place and doesn't leave without spending way more then necessary! But at least I was safe!










Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
1 week ago
4 comments:
That's an amazing story. Glad you made it safely!!
What a trip! I am glad you made it there safe. I know I FOR SURE would have handled the sitch EXACTLY as you did. Must have been a nerve wracking drive there though. Looks like it was well worth the stress:)
Oh, P.S. I keep meaning to ask you about Mary Kay. I could use some concealer the next time you order. Are you still doing that? Let me know:)
You brave soul ... Gotta love those GPS's. Saw Jake at the last training we had... stared at his forehead !! :) or should I say bigger forehead... :) I miss teasing him.. Hope you guys have a great holiday Jess !!
Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you had a safe trip.
PS Did you get the party invite?
Post a Comment